Skip to comments.

Hoda Kotb Named to Replace Matt Lauer as Co-Anchor of NBCs Today

The New York Times ^ | January 2, 2018 | John Koblin and Prashant S. Rao

Posted on 01/02/2018 4:23:54 PM PST by EveningStar

Hoda Kotb, the longtime co-host of the fourth hour of the NBC morning franchise “Today,” will replace Matt Lauer as co-anchor of the program’s opening hours, the network said on Tuesday.

Savannah Guthrie, the show’s other anchor, announced the news of Ms. Kotb’s appointment during Tuesday’s broadcast…

This is the first time that two women will be the main hosts of “Today,” which first went on the air in 1952 and is the network’s most profitable franchise. The show has an overwhelmingly female audience, and the feel-good nature of much of its content and the convivial byplay between its personalities give the impression that the cast is an on-air family. Mr. Lauer had been called “America’s dad” by some before his dismissal…

(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com

TOPICS:Culture/Society; News/Current Events

KEYWORDS:1moretime; anchor; hoda; hodahodahoda; hodakotb; kotb; mattlauer; media; msm; nbc; today

Help keep FR independent, ad-free and not covered with pop-ups. Keep the ads and ad tracking cookies off FR!! How? FR is funded solely by the patriots who love and use it. If you have not yet made your donation, today would be an excellent day to do so! Thank you very much, Jim Robinson

Or by mail to: Free Republic, LLC – PO Box 9771 – Fresno, CA 93794

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.

first1-20, 21-40, 41-57nextlast

1posted on 01/02/2018 4:23:54 PM PSTby EveningStar

Diversity ?

2posted on 01/02/2018 4:24:55 PM PSTby butlerweave

I miss Jane Pauley.

Probably nostalgia.

3posted on 01/02/2018 4:25:16 PM PSTby wally_bert(I didn’t get where I am today by selling ice cream tasting of bookends, pumice stone & West Germany)

To: EveningStar

I don’t watch the program, but she’s kind of hard to look at. I guess that show caters to unattractive middle-aged women so it really won’t matter.

4posted on 01/02/2018 4:27:33 PM PSTby KevinB(When you drink the water, remember the men or women who dug the well.)

To: EveningStar

I bet this one ain’t happy.

5posted on 01/02/2018 4:27:52 PM PSTby chris37(Take a week off racist >;-)

To: butlerweave

She’s a Coptic Christian from Egypt.

6posted on 01/02/2018 4:28:06 PM PSTby Dr. Ursus

To: Dr. Ursus
She’s a Coptic Christian from Egypt

Well, if that gets out it’ll prolly be a short gig.

7posted on 01/02/2018 4:29:25 PM PSTby tomkat

To: EveningStar

Of course. OMG, Matt Lauer – America’s dad?!!! The Left has lost it on every front.

8posted on 01/02/2018 4:30:28 PM PSTby jacknhoo(Luke 12:51; Think ye, that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, no; but separation.)

To: wally_bert

News readers. Not even journalists. Why don’t they just have volunteers come in and read the news each day. They could give their personal opinions, just like the usual talking heads do, and it would be no different.

9posted on 01/02/2018 4:30:43 PM PSTby neverevergiveup

To: EveningStar
10posted on 01/02/2018 4:32:05 PM PSTby McGruff(Lock Her Up! In a Padded Cell!)

To: KevinB

I was once accidentally hit in the head with the full force of an 8# sledgehammer.

Something tells me that this is much worse, in need of emergency surgery worse.

11posted on 01/02/2018 4:32:08 PM PSTby turfmann

To: EveningStar

This might be of interest to me if I watched NBC….

12posted on 01/02/2018 4:32:14 PM PSTby Gay State Conservative(Remember: All Cultures Are Equal!)

To: EveningStar

Hoda is ‘Over-the-Top-Bubbly’ 94% of the time.

She may not wear well over time unless she can calm down.

Under no circumstance, should you ask her about her new daughter! It will be ‘Ga-Ga Goo Goo’ City for the next two hours. I usually only see this show when I visit my family around the holidays and watch TV with them in the morning.

13posted on 01/02/2018 4:33:17 PM PSTby lee martell

Hoda.
14posted on 01/02/2018 4:33:26 PM PSTby PIF(They came for me and mine … now it is your turn …)

To: butlerweave

Well, I’d lay odds on it…

This will also turn the Today show into even more of an estrogen rush, as if that were even possible.

Some day women will wake up and tune out.

15posted on 01/02/2018 4:34:20 PM PSTby DoughtyOne(McConnell, Ryan, and the whole GOPe are dead to me. Are Alabamans tired of winning?)

To: PIF

When 800 years old you will be, look as good you will not.

16posted on 01/02/2018 4:37:49 PM PSTby ClearCase_guy(Benedict McCain is the worst traitor ever to wear the uniform of the US military.)

Hodor?

17posted on 01/02/2018 4:37:54 PM PSTby Skywise

Yoda?

18posted on 01/02/2018 4:37:58 PM PSTby a fool in paradise(Did Barack Obama denounce Communism and dictatorships when he visited Cuba as a puppet of the State?)

To: turfmann

“When I nod my head, you hit it…”

19posted on 01/02/2018 4:39:49 PM PSTby a fool in paradise(Did Barack Obama denounce Communism and dictatorships when he visited Cuba as a puppet of the State?)

To: EveningStar

No change….ALL AIRHEAD LIBERALS!!

20posted on 01/02/2018 4:42:47 PM PSTby Ann Archy(Abortion……. The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.

first1-20, 21-40, 41-57nextlast

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794