Today, Nvidia put out an update to its Game Ready graphics driver in support of a few new games. The version 381.89 WHQL driver brings optimizations to Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III, the Quake Champions closed beta, and Heroes of the Storm 2.0. There are also optimizations for a handful of virtual reality games: Wilson’s Heart, Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality, and Batman Arkham VR.
The new Nvidia driver addresses common issues from previous versions.
- Sniper Elite 3 crashes.
- Notebook, eDP panel: Blue-screen (code 3B) occurs followed by the Recovery screen during software unbundling process.
- GeForce GTX 1060: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to driver (Nvlddmkm.sys) after the system reboots from sleep mode.
- GPU idling voltage has increased.
According to the release notes of the new driver, the following are some of the existing and known issues:
- (GeForce Experience) Driver installation may fail when attempting to perform a driver over-install. To workaround, perform a clean installation.
- (SLI – GeForce GTX 1080) Battlefield 1 XP1 with SLI enabled, corruption appears in the game when switching between full-screen and windowed mode.
- (GeForce GTX 1080 Ti) Mass Effect: Andromeda, random memory errors may occur when playing the game.
- (GeForce GTX 1080 Ti) Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, G-Sync/SLI/DirectX 12: Black corruption appears while entering the in-game menu after skipping the cutscene.
- (GeForce GTX Titan X) Ansel in Ghost Recon Wildlands with FXAA enabled from the Nvidia Control Panel, the application crashes when enabling the in-game Ansel UI.
- (GM204 based GPUs) Tom Clancy’s The Division Survival DLC, game crashes, pointing to ntdll.dll when changed to full-screen and to windowed full-screen.
- (GM204 based GPUs) ShadowPlay – For Honor silently may crash if the intro video is skipped while instant replay is on.
- (SLI – GeForce GTX 970M) Level loading may hang in Gears of War 4.
- (GM204 based GPUs) Quantum Break window either remains blank or freezes in game scene in windowed mode.
- (SLI) Street Fighter V performance drop (pause and play) observed when the game is played at 4K resolution with SLI enabled.
GeForce Experience itself is not getting an update and staying on version 18.104.22.168 for now. You can read the details of the 381.89 Game Ready driver on Nvidia’s website.